Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What's a man to do?

The job of a horse trainer doesn't just include ground work, riding and finishing horses. I decided to make myself Warren's shadow and bring my camera along to try to capture a picture journal of his day-to-day life at work. I found out that my husband's job is so versatile it will take a full blog page just to describe it! His days are filled with...



...transporting horses...


...buying hay at the local hay auction...


...fertilizing the pastures...


...buying feed...


...grooming horses...


...helping his wife make ice cream (what a guy!)...


...riding 6-8 hours a day...


...fixing fence...


...being the day's hero when the cows got out...


...and visiting the emergency room after taking a nasty kick to the elbow from a horse!

In Warren's words all he does at his job is: "spend all day with his wife and play with horses." I've debated whether I should try to convince him that all these hours he's putting in are actually hard work. 

Naw, I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my breath...








No comments:

Post a Comment