Thursday, September 29, 2011

The cookbook dilemma


All my cookbook books are brand new. I open the pages and they stick together because the paper has never been touched. Sometimes I want to put on an apron and get out every book and make the recipes until I stain the pages. Mom's recipe books were ripped and spilled on and the page that had the favorite cookie recipe was torn out and stored loose. You knew how good a recipe was and could choose what you were going to make based on how stained the page was on the recipe you wanted to try. 


Up until I got married I didn't know cookbooks originally came with clean, crisp pages. When I open my books I feel like I'm receiving directions from a stranger and I'm not sure I can trust them. I need some recipes that have earned the right to micromanage my baking. I'm having stained cookbook withdrawal.


It's time to spill something.

No comments:

Post a Comment