Friday, December 21, 2012

God & the matching M&M's

So tonight Warren made the excellent suggestion that we should make some kind of edible Christmas treat to give to some of our clients and the guy we rent stalls from. Of course, as explained in my previous post, I haven't brought any sugar into my house this season because of treating candida. But, with his suggestion I went to the store and bought supplies to make white chocolate covered pretzels with M&M's. The entire time I was walking up and down the isles I was talking to myself, trying to muster up enough resolve not to eat what I was about to make. 

As I was driving home, I said to God, "Okay, God, I can splurge a little. I'll eat every pretzel that has all three of the M&M's in the same color." Surely I would have at least a few that happened to have all matching M&M's.

Upon arriving at home I proceeded to make my creation. I didn't pay attention to what color of M&M's were going onto the pretzels. When I got done, I searched the two trays.


Can you spot it? That's right: between both trays there was just one pretzel that had all matching M&M's. 



I couldn't believe there was only one! I laughed and could 
hear God chuckling  and saying, "I care about your health too! 
But I want you to have a treat."



Hmmm...you sound very much like my husband. Thanks, God!





No comments:

Post a Comment