Monday, November 19, 2012

Extravagance, day 1

The month of November is always full of thankfulness. People's statuses on Facebook are talking about it, businesses have it on their marquees, it's the theme of advertisements. This month, amidst all the thankfulness, my mind has been concentrated on one word: extravagance.

The dictionary defines extravagance as: luxury, treat, indulgence, extra, frill, nonessential, splurge.

Hmmm...I kinda feel like the definition should end with the word GOD in all caps, bold and underlined.

God has been very extravagant with me. When I pay attention to my life and the people and things in it I could describe it as: a luxurious life, filled with extra-special treats, an indulgent amount of frills, completely showered with non-essentials and constant splurges. Sounds pretty extravagant.

It is. 

In fact, my life is so extravagant I decided it would take an entire week of posts just to begin to illustrate. By the end of this week (actually, by the end of this post!) I'm sure you'll agree with me.

This God-guy just really outdoes himself. Really.


You see, God could've just given Warren and I a family...




...instead, He gave us friends, helpers, companions; people who teach us about life, desire for us to have as easy of a time as possible, wrap their arms around us and love us no matter what...


...He gave us support, cheerleaders, people who delight in us and brighten our lives. These people pray for us and celebrate us and give to us and support us and honor us and build our reputation. They believe in us.

Yes, God could've just given us a family. Instead, He gave us them.


No comments:

Post a Comment