Thursday, November 22, 2012

Extravagance, day 4


I prayed for years for a husband. God could've just given me my request.




Instead, he gave me the man I admire most on the face of the earth. He gave me a man full of honor, integrity, kindness and strength. He gave me a man who's willing to face life's challenges in order to pursue our dreams. He gave me a man with a fast smile, a heart for God, a sense of adventure and an uncompromising drive to do what's right.





He gave me my best friend, my lover, the man who wakes me up in the morning with a smile. He gave me a man who cherishes me and seeks to make me happy and truly delights in me. He gave me a man who has my best interest in mind and who is overwhelmingly patient with me. He gave me a man I can safely give my whole heart to. He gave me a man who thinks I'm delightful and beautiful and constantly tells me so.



He gave me a daddy to my son who is full of dreams and plans to raise him. He gave me a man who provides for his son and loves him and desires to teach and train him to be the best person he can be. He gave me a man who is extremely capable of taking care of our little guy, and someone I can trust completely with our little Wesley.

You see, God could've just answered my request and given me a husband. 


Instead, in the most amazing act of extravagance
I've ever experienced, God gave me him.

No comments:

Post a Comment